Discuss about Project
Once above ground works begin, construction sites may appear to progress relatively quickly as structural frames grow and cladding is installed. They may then appear to slow again as internal fit outs are undertaken and finishing work is carried out.
Typically, a construction site will revert to being a non-construction site when it is handed back to the client on certification of practical completion. However, there may be ongoing minor works required to rectify any defects that become apparent.
On Designing Buildings Wiki, there is a range of useful information relating to construction sites, including:
- Access to construction sites.
- Complaining about construction sites.
- Condition survey.
- Development footprint.
- Ground conditions.
- Handover construction site to the client.
- Handover to the contractor.
- How to work safely on a construction site in the dark.
- How to work safely on a construction site in winter.
- Injuries on construction sites.
- Lighting of construction sites.
- Notifiable project F10 form.
- Perimeter security.
- Reporting accidents and injuries on construction sites.
- Site appraisals.
- Site area.
- Site facilities.
- Site induction.
- Site layout plan.
- Site office.
- Site plan.
- Site safety.
- Site storage.
- Site survey.
- Temporary site services.